Energy efficiency is a key focus of the Group’s World Business Lines and activities, which constantly strive to minimize the energy and environmental footprint of its products and services.
This optimization is a combined result of:
- Technological solutions proposed by Air Liquide in its production process
- Scale effects, co-production and synergies, in particular through the development of its pipeline network
- The operational optimization of its production units
- The solutions chosen in terms of energy and commodities supplies
Total Air Liquide CO2 emissions in 2016
Breakdown of direct and indirect greenhouse gas emissions by units
Transportation and efficiency of truck deliveries
85% of all gas deliveries are made via pipeline or through units on customer sites. As a result, only 15% of air gases or hydrogen are transported by truck.
Between 2012 and 2016, thanks to the success of programs to optimize deliveries, the efficiency of industrial gases transportation continued to improve.
|Evolution of the distance traveled per ton of industrial gas delivered*|
* In kilometers per delivered ton livrée for the Industrial Merchant activity, using a base of 100 in 2007.
** Excluding Airgas.