Working in collaboration with the public authorities
We work with the public authorities of each country in which we do business, in a transparent manner, applying political neutrality. All our actions respect the official lobbying regulations in force in the countries in which we are present.
We have formalized a “Public Affairs” policy governing the Group’s interactions with public authorities throughout the world. It deals with reducing risks related to regulatory changes, developing market opportunities and more generally bringing the Group into the public debate.
Air Liquide is also listed in the “Transparency Register” of European institutions and has engaged to uphold the rules set out by the register’s Code of Conduct.
We have formalized a “Public Affairs” policy governing the Group’s interactions with public authorities throughout the world
Managers specialized in public affairs have been appointed in the main countries, comprising a network of around 20 people worldwide, coordinated at Group level by the European and International Affairs Division.
The tasks of these managers are to follow public initiatives that may have an impact on the Group and to interact with the public authorities to defend our interests. These interactions can take place either directly or through the professional associations of which we are a member. The Group is active in several federations and associations.
Public affairs cover all the Group’s activities. Our priorities in this area form part of a long-term process:
- Energy transition and the environment with the boom in alternative energies (hydrogen energy, biogases, photovoltaic, wind turbines, etc.), and energy efficiency
- The carbon market with changes in European regulations and the development of regional markets in North America and Asia-Pacific
- The defense of our shareholding model
- At European level, the space question notably concerning current discussions on the future European space launcher
- The defense of intellectual property and the launch of the European patent
- The competitiveness of companies at worldwide level