Highlights of the Investir Day 2022 event
Published on December 08, 2022
Organized by Les Echos, Investir Day is THE annual event dedicated to shareholders. In 2022, the responsible savings and investments of tomorrow theme attracted nearly 7,000 attendees in a two-stage, hybrid format: an online meeting every Monday in November, 'Investir Day Live', and then an event on November 29 at the Carrousel du Louvre in Paris.
This fourth staging of Investir Day was a chance to meet and exchange with people interested in the stock market through conferences, round tables and also interventions on the Air Liquide stand.
Watch the best bits of Air Liquide’s various interventions:
Investir Day Live: online speeches
- Mr François Jackow, Group Chief Executive Officer: “Air Liquide strategy and outlook: a Group committed to the future”:
The most challenging issues right now are inflation, the war in Ukraine, the energy transition and the fight against climate change. In a shapeshifting and complex environment, managing things in the short term should never be to the detriment of a strategic long-term vision. The resilience of Air Liquide’s business model is a vital asset in these times. It is based not only on the diversity of the markets the Group serves and the countries in which it operates, but also on a unique capacity for innovation. All of this means the Group is now able to position itself in growth-driving markets of the future such as electronics, home healthcare and the decarbonization of industry and mobility.
- Mr Patrick Renard, Director of the Shareholder Services Department: “Different factors that contribute to the profitability of a share portfolio. The Air Liquide example.”
Many factors contribute to the profitability of an equity investment. Share price performance is not the only thing to take into account. There are also all the variables that swell your portfolio over time, such as dividends and, in the case of Air Liquide securities, regular free share awards and the loyalty bonus. So how can we properly assess the profitability of an equity investment over time?
At the Carrousel du Louvre
- Ms Emilie Mouren-Renouard, Vice President, member of the Air Liquide Executive Committee in charge of Innovation: “Contributing to progress through technological innovation”
Innovation and technology are at the heart of Air Liquide’s strategy and have always enabled it to play a pioneering role. Today, as well as enhancing the operational efficiency of the Group’s business, they help to develop important new markets for the future: climate and energy transition, data and artificial intelligence, healthcare, etc. How can technological innovation contribute to progress?
You can also watch her interview conducted by the journalist Olivier Zanetta in the TV Studio of the Investir Day event:
- Ms Diana Schillag, member of the Air Liquide Executive Committee in charge of Healthcare: “How can innovation help to improve patient quality of life now… and in the future?!”
With 1.8 million patients supported worldwide, Air Liquide is a major healthcare player and Europe’s biggest home healthcare operator. Through an innovative combination of human interaction and digital solutions, Air Liquide Healthcare personalizes care pathways to provide every patient with the support they need, when they need it, giving them a better quality of life. Discover how Air Liquide Healthcare teams put the patient at the heart of everything they do and work closely with professionals and facilities in order to make the healthcare system better and more efficient for everyone, according to the principles of value-based healthcare.
- Mr Patrick Renard, Director of the Shareholder Services Department: “Understanding the shareholder structure: why and how to study a company’s business model”
What guidance is available for stock market investors? How can they learn about a company’s business model and which documents should they look at? How can they understand the different sources of risk and how these might impact a company’s business and results?
- “Decarbonization and energy transition: what are the challenges for industrial companies?”
With Mr Matthieu Giard, Director, member of the Air Liquide Executive Committee in charge of the Industrial Merchant World Business Line and Hydrogen activities, and:
- Mr David Meneses, Executive Vice President People & Sustainability, Plastic Omnium;
- Mr Renaud Lions, Senior Vice President Investor Relations and Financial Communication, TotalEnergies;
- Ms Amélie Lummaux, Chief Sustainable Development and Public Affairs Officer, Groupe ADP.
Industry and transport alone are responsible for 45% of CO2 emissions. Decarbonization is a prerequisite for achieving climate objectives, but it also ensures competitiveness within the industry. Industrial companies are simultaneously the problem and the solution. How can we reduce these emissions while facilitating growth and value creation?
- “Digital innovation: the importance of data”
With Mr Bruno Aidan, Chief Data Officer, and:
- Mr Michel Lutz, Group Chief Data Officer, TotalEnergies;
- Mr Stéphane Lannuzel, Beauty Tech Program Director, L’Oréal;
- Ms Violette Chomier, Chief Data Officer, Les Echos-Le Parisien Group.
Data is now a key element in the company's performance. It is also a powerful lever to support the Group's decarbonization objectives. What is data? What role does data play in companies?
Plus several talks by the Group’s various experts at the Air Liquide stand!
Discover more stories
ACCELAIR: accelerating the development of technology start-ups with Air Liquide
Shareholders’ voice: Air Liquide and its sense of Shareholder relations
Act now! #1 How to buy or sell my shares?