- Becoming an Air Liquide Shareholder
- Shareholding options
- My securities account on a daily basis
- Placing a stock order
- My online Shareholder Portal
- Updating my personal details
- Loyalty bonus
- Free share attribution
- Tax return
- Pass on my shares
- Shareholder events and communications
- Annual general meeting
The dividend is the part of the net result distributed to the Shareholders. The amount of the dividend is submitted to the approval of the Shareholders during the Annual General Meeting. At Air Liquide, once voted, the dividend is paid once a year into your bank account, usually in May.
You do not have to do anything to receive your dividends.
- For direct registered shares, the dividend, net of any withholdings*, are paid by Air Liquide directly into your bank account. Please check that your bank details are up to date on your Shareholder Portal in the "My profile" section.If you hold intermediary registered shares or bearer shares, Air Liquide distributes the gross dividend to your financial institution, which will then credit your account with the dividend, less any deductions*.
If you hold your registered shares for more than two full calendar years, the loyalty bonus gives you the right to a 10% increase in the dividend.
For further information please read our dedicated Factsheet.
* When a Shareholder receives dividends, a 30% withholding is deducted: 17.2% in social security contributions and 12.8% for the advance tax withholding, unless you request exemption from this advance withholding.
If you are a registered Shareholder, to benefit from the loyalty bonus, you do not have to do anything. You just need to :
- Hold your shares in registered form for more than two full calendar years,
Still be the holder on the day the dividend is paid
If you are a bearer Shareholder and transfer or convert your shares to registered form before December 31, 2023, you will be eligible for the loyalty bonus as of 2026.
At Air Liquide, your dividends are not automatically reinvested.
If you are a direct registered Shareholder and wish to reinvest your dividends in shares, you have three ways of placing a purchase order:
- Online, via your, in the "Place an order" section;
- By using our page "Contact us" > "Stock order" then "Place an order" and attaching this completed and signed form and a copy of your ID to your request;
- By telephone with one of our advisors by calling the toll-free number, 0800 166 179 from France or +33 (0)1 57 05 02 26 (from outside France), and selecting option 3 when prompted;
- By mail, by sending this completed and signed form and a copy of your ID to Air Liquide - Shareholder Services Department - TSA 91948 - 62978 Arras Cedex 09.
Please note that to reduce processing times, we recommended using your Shareholder Portal to place stock orders directly. You will also benefit from the reduced brokerage rate of 0.1% before tax instead of 0.18% before tax.
If you are an intermediary registered Shareholder or a bearer Shareholder, you may reinvest your dividends directly from your securities account or share savings plan held by your financial institution.
If you are a French tax resident, your dividend is an income which has to be declared in the year following its payment.
At the time of payment of your dividend, the 17.2% social security deductions have been withheld, as well as 12.8% income tax if you have not applied for an exemption from the advance withholding.
For more information on the advance tax exemption on dividends exemption, please review the dedicated part “What is the advance tax exemption on dividends and how to benefit from it ?”
In the year following the payment of your dividends after completing your tax return, the tax due on your dividend is calculated and will take into account the deductions that have already been made.
For further information please read our dedicated Factsheet.
If you are a non-French tax resident, please find more information on our dedicated page.
In France, when a Shareholder receives dividends, a 30% withholding tax is levied: 17.2% for social security contributions and 12.8% for an interim tax payment.
You may apply to the advance tax exemption on dividends if your reference tax income (as shown on your income tax notice received this year) is less than :
- 50,000€ for a single person,
- 75,000€ for a joint taxation.
To be exempted from the advance payment on your dividends to be received in 2024, please connect between 1 September and 30 November 2023 to your Shareholder Portal and select the "My procedures" section.
Find more information on our dedicated Factsheet.
A standard tax rate of at least 12.8% is applied when your account holder pays the dividend. If the conventional tax rate between France and your country of residence is lower than 12.8% and you have sent your account holder a certificate of tax residence, this reduced tax rate is applied.
For tax residents living outside France, a tax certificate indicating the gross and net dividend amounts of your pure registered shares is made available on the Shareholder Portal every year in December.
Find more information on our dedicated page, section "Residents outside France".
If you are a direct registered Shareholder and have not received your dividend payment, there could be several reasons:
- Your bank details are not up to date: check that your bank details are correct in the "My Profile"> “Personal information” section of your Shareholder Portal and request the change online if necessary. If you changed your bank details a few days before the dividends were paid, it is possible that the bank transfer was not made to the new account. If this is the case, please contact us using our page "Contact us" > “Dividends” > “Dividend not received” section.
- You were not the owner of the share(s) when the dividend was paid. For further information regarding the dividends calendar please read our dedicated Factsheet.
If you are an intermediary registered Shareholder or a bearer Shareholder: your financial institution remains your dedicated point of contact for all questions regarding the payment of your dividend.
Write to us
Shareholder Services Department
62978 Arras Cedex 9
75, quai d'Orsay 75007 Paris
Book an appointment in Paris with a Shareholder advisor
To better serve you on site, we ask you to book a time slot for your visit (in French only):